Foodient Ltd (company number 08001091) (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any information (including personal data) we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), we are the data controller.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1.1 Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.whisk.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise or whilst using our services, including applications buttons, browsers, plugins and application programming interfaces (the “Services”). This includes information you provide when you register to use our site or the Services, search for a product/recipe, place an order via our site or as a result of using our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site or via our Services, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site or Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- 1.2 Information that we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site or when using the Services we may automatically collect the following:
- 1.2.1 technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- 1.2.2 information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators clickstream to, through and from our site or Services as applicable) (including date and time); products/recipes/ingredients you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- 1.3 Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate with or through or run or the other services we provide either through our site or any of the aforementioned sites. We collect all such data (which may consist of any of the data referred to at paragraphs 1.1 or 1.2) and it may be shared and combined with data collected on our site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive and share information about you from and with them.
- 2.1 Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. We use the following cookies:
- 2.1.2 Analytics cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from and the pages they visit.
- 2.1.3 Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you including remember your preferences.
- 2.1.4 Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- 2.3 You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site or the Services. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
3. Where we store your personal data
- 3.2 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
- 3.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and/or whilst using any of the Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses made of the information
- 4.1 We use information you give us in the following ways:
- 4.1.1 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- 4.1.2 to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- 4.1.3 to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- 4.1.4 to notify you about changes to our Services; and
- 4.1.5 to ensure that content from the Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you are using to access the Services.
- 4.2 We will use information we collect about you in the following ways:
- 4.2.1 to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- 4.2.2 to improve our site and Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 4.2.3 to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site and Services, when you choose to do so;
- 4.2.4 as part of our efforts to keep our site and Services safe and secure;
- 4.2.5 to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- 4.2.6 to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site and Services about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- 4.3 We may use information from other sources and combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. Disclosure of your information
- 5.1 We may share your information (including your personal data) with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- 5.2 We may also share your information (including your personal data) with selected third parties including:
- 5.2.1 business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- 5.2.2 advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of your information, including the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
- 5.2.3 analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- 5.3 We may disclose your information to third parties:
- 5.3.1 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information (including your personal data) to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- 5.3.2 if all, or substantially all, of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers (including your personal data) will be one of the transferred assets; and
- 5.3.3 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information (including your personal data) in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Your rights
- 6.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
- 6.2 Our site and our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.